Monday, March 08, 2010 1 Response
If anyone thinks for one second that Sarah Palin is not a political genius, well, they need to think again!
One thing we all know for sure is the democrat party and the media (yes, yes, I know, same thing) hang on her ever word, every action. Sarah Palin can walk out her front door and it makes headlines. Sarah is so far into these people’s heads. She is living there rent free.
Better still, she knows it and is constantly using that to her advantage. Take her State of the Union address at the national Tea Party convention last month. She wrote three words on her hand, and ever since, people are asking her about it, and giving her an opportunity to talk about national security, energy independence, and the budget. Genius, pure genius.
We speculated, at the time, that it may have been on purpose. Whether it was or just Sarah being Sarah, we’ll never know, but one thing’s for sure, the media took the bait!
Meantime, Adrienne Ross reports that Sarah captivated the Canadian audience and spoke for roughly 40 minutes, without notes. Read Adrienne’s report here.
This newest deal, of course, is even more delicious, because the left wing media has already started caterwauling over the speech Sarah gave in Canada this weekend. They are taking the bait here as well and, as usual, the Obamacentric media gets it wrong.
The Washington Post, in it’s "44" blog, a blog that only exists to promote Barack Obama and his policies, writes this:
- Palin says her family went to Canada for health care when she was young Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin, a fierce opponent of Democratic health-care reform efforts who has said America under President Obama is headed toward socialism, told a Canadian audience her family used to go to Canada to get medical care when she was growing up.
- "My first five years of life we spent in Skagway, Alaska, right there by Whitehorse. Believe it or not -- this was in the '60s -- we used to hustle on over the border for health care that we would receive in Whitehorse. I remember my brother, he burned his ankle in some little kid accident thing and my parents had to put him on a train and rush him over to Whitehorse and I think, isn't that kind of ironic now. Zooming over the border, getting health care from Canada," Palin said a speech Saturday night, according to the Calgary Herald.
- Palin spoke before a paying audience of 1,200 in Calgary, with tickets costing between $150 and $200, the Medicine Hat News of Medicine Hat, Alberta, reported.
- Whitehorse, in the Yukon, Canada, is north of Skagway.
- Palin has also told an alternate version of the story that had her family traveling south by ferry to Juneau from Skagway for treatment of her brother's burned foot, rather than to Canada, according to a 2007 report posted by the Skagway News.
Of course, the implication is that: "ooooh, Palin used ‘evil socialized medicine’ herself, but wants to deny America of the same fine treatment."
This story line fails on many levels.
First of all, despite what WaPo and other dishonest media seek to portray, Canada didn’t have socialized medicine in the 1960's. Oh sure, some provinces had experimented with it, Saskatchewan, for one, had some success even. But Canada didn’t have a national health program.
Another far left wing website TPM is also caught up in the lie:
- Canada's single-payer health care system, known as Medicare, was established in 1966. Its principal founders were Tommy Douglas, leader of the social-democratic New Democratic Party and former Premier of Saskatchewan, and Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson of the Liberal Party. It had previously been implemented at the provincial level in Saskatchewan in the early 1960s, under Douglas's leadership. At the time of Canadian Medicare's passage, Palin was two years old. You see, this is how the dishonest media works, they rely on the hope that you, the reader is stupid and/or lazy, and won’t do any investigating themselves.
Here's the truth: The establishment of the Medical Care Act of 1966 allowed each province to set up their own "universal health care" programs, much like the states are free in America to do whatever they want regarding this sort of thing. The key word being allowed. (not required)
Of course, we know that universal care has been a disaster for every state that has tried it in the United States. Think Massachusetts.
It wasn’t until the 1970's that Canada had any sort of nationwide "universal care" and it only covered in-hospital care. Doctor visits and other services weren’t covered.
It wasn’t until the Health Care Act of 1984 that Canada had what has come to be known as socialized medicine.
So Sarah and her family never "benefitted" from "socialized medicine." On the contrary, they received the same kind of quality care we enjoy here in America.
Oh, and her brother’s treatment and the two "different" stories? Pretty simple, the family sought emergency care in Whitehorse and the follow up care was done in Alaska.
Once again, in their effort to smear Sarah Palin, the corrupt media proves just how worthless and lazy they are. Or maybe they know the truth about Canadian health care, but choose to lie about it to fool their mind numbed readers.
Hard to tell.
One thing’s for sure, with the progressive movement going down in flames, the media is grasping at absolutely anything to make it all stop. Unfortunately, for them, it’s not going to!
As for Sarah, and all of this idiotic reporting, talk show host extraordinaire Tammy Bruce, writing about the false rumor du jour, says it best:
- Look, there has not been one ridiculous story/rumor/gossip about Palin and her family, starting with the 2008 campaign, that hasn’t been found false. So here’s the New Rule–if you hear something that sounds stupid, or ridiculous or makes it sound like Sarah Palin has somehow lost her mind, that’s your cue that it’s a false story, engineered to make it sound like, uh, Palin has lost her mind.
Read more here.
One last thing, it is this writer’s firm belief that when the history books are written, Sarah Palin will be included as one of America’s greatest and most influential leaders, but if Sarah does nothing more than continually exposing what a bunch of crooked liars the so-called "mainstream media" is, the lady will have provided a noble service to the nation.